You can avoid the disappointment of using a cold, damp, or smelly towel after a hot and refreshing bath in the bathtub. Make sure that the damp towel doesn’t dampen the relaxed feeling you have after a bath. Consider buying a towel warmer. You now have highly effective, efficient, and engineered options that are being considered for installation and use not only in the bathrooms but also in kitc...
Most people are unaware of the differences between ski racks and cargo boxes. They think of them as the same products. But, in reality, both have some noticeable differences. Both the ski racks and cargo boxes are placed on the top of the vehicles.
Let us try to find out which one would work best for you. Go and read the below article carefully; we have tried our best to differentiate between the ski racks and cargo boxes.
What is a ski rack?
A ski rack is something that can be mounted on the top of the cars such as sedans, hatchbacks, 4×4 vehicles, SUVs, vans, as well as on garage walls etc. The ski rack comes in a set of 2 load bars that can be mounted on the top portion of the crossbars. Some cars come equipped with crossbars while others don’t. The ski racks are extremely easy to install.
What is a cargo box?
A cargo box, as the name suggests, is a box that can be used on various luggage, gear, or materials. They are mostly used by such people who do not have much space inside the car. Using a cargo box proves to be very advantageous to the users that we are going to discuss below.
Differences between ski racks and cargo boxes
- If we talk about pricing, the ski racks can be bought between $140 to $350. While on the other hand, the cargo boxes are quite expensive, with a price tag between $340 to $1100.
- The most advantageous feature of the cargo box is that the cargo boxes enclose the snowboards or skis while the user is driving, and hence it prevents the winter elements from touching the skis and snowboards. In easy words, the snowboards and skis are not exposed to the winter elements if we use the cargo box. This advantage is not available in the case of the ski racks because the ski rack does not completely enclose the stuff.
- If we talk about the ease of installation, then the cargo boxes are quite complex. They are not as easily installed as the ski racks. The reason behind this could be the small size of the ski racks.
- If we talk about the storage space, the cargo boxes tend to offer more storage space to the users; users can even store other necessary items such as helmets, boots, etc. On the other hand, the ski racks can only hold the poles and skis.
- In the case of the cargo boxes, aerodynamics is one of the most noticeable benefits for the skis. There is an improved airflow around the cargo box, thanks to the enclosed design of the box. Although, noise and wind resistance are at much higher speeds if we compare to the ski racks.
Whenever you feel like you are in a dilemma between the ski racks and cargo boxes, always consider the advantages of both. Choose the one that seems to be more advantageous and convenient for you. We hope our article proves to be helpful for our readers.